CLASSES NOW FORMING FOR 2017:
Contact Jean for details: 310.370.9241
(see below for Course Outline and Price)
What is Reiki?
“Reiki” (ray-key) is a simple, yet powerful relaxation and stress management technique. It is Japanese in origin, founded in the early 1900s by Mikao Usui.
“Rei” means spirit and “ki” means energy, which translates as as “universal life energy.” Since all things are made up of energy, all things consist of Reiki.
A Reiki session can help "unblock" and let your energy flow uninterrupted. Most people feel "refreshed" and "balanced" after Reiki.
Optimally, we want the energy within our body to "move freely." When it does not, you may experience a "blockage" (clogging up or stoppage) of energy flow. (This blockage may manifest itself as stress, headache, pain, etc.)
Benefits of Reiki:
- Promotes health and well-being
- Relieves or decreases physical pain
- Calms the mind and emotions
- Reduces and releases feelings of anxiety, stress and depression
- Strengthens the immune system
- Aids in relaxation
- Can help you sleep
Reiki is not a substitute for proper medical care. However, Reiki is offered in over 800 American hospitals and works as a complimentary practice to help patients relax before or after a rehabilitation treatment.
Want to learn Reiki?
Reiki 1: Learn the Art of Self-Healing (9 hour workshop, split over 3 days: $250)
- Power of Intention
- How to carry out self-treatment – Practical
- Hand Placements
- Practice Reiki (Giving/Receiving Reiki)
- Monthly Reiki Shares for continuing studies & practice
- Reiki History & Origins
- Five main elements that make up the system of Reiki
- Reiki Precepts
- Three Diamonds & Hara
- Practical Exercises
Reiki for Your Pets:*
Why is Reiki ideal for Animals? (3 hour workshop: $150)
Reiki is safe, gentle, stress-free. Due to its noninvasive, painless nature, Reiki is a natural healing method for our pet companions and can be used to assist them with many issues:
*This is an "add-on" and you must have completed Reiki 1 to participate in this class. You will bring your dog to this class only.
Please note: Reiki is not a substitute for proper veterinary care.
- Side effects of medication
- End of life transitioning