I began my educational journey in 2008 by studying canine water therapy with Cindy Horsfall of La Paw Spa, Sequim, Washington. Cindy is the pioneer of canine water therapy and founder of ACWT (Association of Canine Water Therapy). I spent an intense week with Cindy learning warm water therapy for dogs, earning my Level 1 certification. In September, 2011, I returned to Cindy to spend another week for additional intense training and received my Level 2 certification.
As I began my career in animal care, I decided that I needed to know more about animals, thus, I began studying small animal massage. I received my certification in Small Animal Massage Therapy from Ojai School of Massage. During my massage studies, I realized that not all pets can handle being touched (whether it be cancer, arthritis, etc.), so I looked to other ways that I could help animals.
Thus, I discovered Reiki and Acupressure. I began studying Reiki in December, 2011, with the International Center for Reiki Training, and continued those studies, receiving my Master Practitioner certification in 2013 with the International House of Reiki (IHR), and continue my studies through IHR with its founder, Frans Steine. I have also studied, and continue to study, Animal Reiki with Animal Reiki Source and Animal Heart Strings.
I hold certifications in the following areas of holistic healing:
- Animal Reiki Practitioner, Animal Reiki Source
- The Heart of Canine Aquatic Therapy, La Paw Spa, Sequim, Washington
- Level 1 Practitioner, Healing Touch for Animals
- Reiki Body Balancing Techniques for Animals, Level 1, Animal Heart Strings
- Reiki, Master Practitioner, Level III Shinpiden, International House of Reiki, Frans Steine
- Reii, Master/Teacher Practitioner, Level III Shinpiden, Animal Heart Strings, Dr. Lea Alexander
- Reiki and Usui Reiki, Level I and II Practitioner, International Center for Reiki Training
- Small Animal Massage Therapy, Ojai School of Massage
- Jean is also studying Small Animal Acupressure with Tallgrass Acupressure Institute
I am currently studying Small Animal Acupressure with Tallgrass Acupressure Institute.
I am also a member of the following organizations:
For further information, please contact Jean at 310-370-9241 or Jean@TranquilPet.com.