- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter (or Sunbutter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (bacon + maple seemed like a good idea)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Fry the diced bacon until crispy. With a slotted spoon, remove the crispy bacon but save the fat. Allow the fat to cool slightly (2-5 minutes)
- Add the egg, peanut butter, maple syrup and water to the bacon fat and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the flours and wheat germ and mix until combined. Stir in the crispy bacon pieces.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thick. Cut into desired shapes. I used three different 1" cookie cutters.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes (for 1" diameter shapes) until lightly browned.
- Cool and serve.
Makes 6 dozen - 1" diameter treat